Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart is about two boys, one who wishes he were a girl and one who has bipolar disorder. They want to be friends but wonder if they can tell their secrets without scaring the other one away.
1. Where did you find the book? I received ten books for my 10th birthday and this was one of them.
2. What did you love about the book? I loved that the book included some really deep secrets.
3. What turned you off about the book? That Dunkin never told Lily about his disorder.
4. What is your favorite quote from the book? “Sometimes our hearts see things our eyes can’t.”
5. Who was your favorite character and why? My favorite character was Lily because she knew what she wanted and never gave up.
6. George R. R. Martin famously said that “a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.” What about this book’s life do you want more of in your own life? I want to be more like Lily who is strong, persistent and kind.
7. If you could have dinner with the author, what would you ask him/her? What is your favorite part of the book?
8. Who would play the lead characters in a movie based on this book? Reese Witherspoon would play Lily and Brad Pitt would play Dunkin.
9. What are you reading next? I am listening to the audiobook Nooks and Crannies by Jessica Lawson next.
10. What rating would you give the book?