The Witches by Roald Dahl is about a boy who encounters witches. Twice. The first time he was lucky. The second time not so lucky. So he seeks revenge.
1. Where did you find the book? My Aunt Lindsay gave it to me because she thought I'd like it and I did.
2. What did you love about the book? I loved the witches most of all.
3. What turned you off about the book? The boy's father's will requested that the boy live in England but he ended up in Norway, and that confused me.
4. What is your favorite quote from the book? “Jeepers, creepers, he’s gone up my trouser.”
5. Who was your favorite character and why? The Grand High Witch of All the World, because instead of saying witches she says vitches and that always made me laugh.
6. George R. R. Martin famously said that “a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.” What about this book’s life do you want more of in your own life? Nothing! I am glad I have none of this book's life in my life but it was fun to visit that world for a little bit.
7. If you could have dinner with the author, what would you ask him/her? Who or what inspired The Grand High Witch character?
8. Who would play the lead characters in a movie based on this book? Meryl Streep would play the grandmother and Ty Simpkins would play the boy.
9. What are you reading next? Lily and Dunkin by Donna Gephart.
10. What rating would you give the book?