Storm Horse by Nick Garlick is about a boy named Flip whose mom left when he was young. Then his dad dies so Flip has to move in with his scary uncle. Within his first few days in Mossum, a storm rolls in and Flip sees a horse who is about to drown. Flip saves the horse and names it Storm. This book is about their friendship and inseparable bond.
1. Where did you find the book? At the library.
2. What did you love about the book? I loved that the book included horses.
3. What turned you off about the book? I did not like that the name of the horse was so obvious.
4. What is your favorite quote from the book? "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
5. Who was your favorite character and why? Mr. Bouten because he was so nice to Flip when he first moved to town.
6. George R. R. Martin famously said that “a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.” What about this book’s life do you want more of in your own life? I would love to live on a farm and own a horse.
7. If you could have dinner with the author, what would you ask him/her? I would ask him how he came up with the idea for this book.
8. Who would play the lead characters in a movie based on this book? Josh Hutchinson would play Flip and Emma Watson would play Flip's cousin Renske.
9. What are you reading next? I don't know. I have about 30 books to choose from.
10. What rating would you give the book?