Reviewed by Layne Godel, age 10
The Magic Trap is about a brother and sister who host a magic show to raise money for their mom and all the crazy stuff that goes on while they get everything set up.
1. Where did you find the book? I found the book at the library.
2. What did you love about the book? I loved how much effort the kids put into the magic show.
3. What turned you off about the book? All the problems that a hurricane caused two fourth graders.
4. What is your favorite quote from the book? “A magician never tells his tricks.”
5. Who was your favorite character and why? My favorite character was Evan because he is funny and talented.
6. George R. R. Martin famously said that “a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.” What about this book’s life do you want more of in your own life? I want to be more like Evan who is very good at basketball.
7. If you could have dinner with the author, what would you ask him/her? Will you continue The Lemonade War series?
8. Who would play the lead characters in a movie based on this book? Leo Howard would play Evan and Olivia Rodrigo would play Jesse.
9. What are you reading next? The Candy Smash by Jaqueline Davies
10. What rating would you give the book?